Re: [opensuse] Mystery space in Konqueror
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:42:50 -0400
On March 16, 2008, Will Stephenson wrote:
On Saturday 15 March 2008 17:50:19 Mike wrote:

But there is an unknown 40 G drive? showing up in the display, it was
there before the media vault was mounted.

This morning it is gone, but while on the dual boot machine on the network it
does have a 40G extended partition holding a SuSE10.3 and ubuntu installs.

I'm thinking it's an unnamed volume, but nothing appears in /etc/mtab
Any thought on how to track down this mystery 40G?

do "dcop kded mediamanager fullList", locate the 40G.
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

dcop by itself gives me this:

KWeatherService
kwin
kicker
kerry
kmix
knotify
kio_sysinfo-1423
kio_uiserver
kalarmd
klauncher
kmail
kwalletmanager
konsole-1338
kdesktop
konqueror-1367
klipper
ksmserver
kaccess
kgpg
opensuseupdater
knewsticker

If that isn't sufficient, identify the hal UDI at the top of the 40G's
section (looks much like
this:
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_e5235ada_081d_44b4_9ad4_b27ffc2550
94) and search for that in the output of lshal.

one more nice tool, those multiple card readers really cause a mess there.

bitrotted. It's been dropped in KDE 4, since it has been largely
superceded by ZeroConf. (same principle, but working in a discrete
protocol, so sysadmins sleep easy).

Zeroconf doesn't seem to show nfs, just ftp, ssh, and WWW, but the mediaVault
also does SMB which gives me a second way in.

Thanks for the help

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600