Re: [opensuse] Movie editor
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:38:43 -0400
Chris Arnold pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
I am wanting to edit my mpeg2 videos from our JVC video camera. I use 10.3
and
kde with compiz-fusion. I have searched the opensuse archives and see where
people suggest cinelerra, kino and Lives. Cinelerra does not work on 10.3
from packman repo or when you compile from source. See the cinelerra archives
for this info. I see in yast a number of DVD author packages, like dvdauthor,
dvdstyler (this gives dependency errors), kdvdcreator, kmediafactory and
others. I want to take my existing mpeg2 files and join them, edit them, add
effects and menus and output to vob file to burn to DVD. What package will
accomplish this?

I have used dvdstyler for some time without major problem. Just add the
packman repo and install. I also use avidemux for editing.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998