[opensuse] Compiz broke after update
  • From: Chris Arnold <carnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:30:35 -0400
Using 10.3 kde and compiz.
compiz-emerald-0.7.2-1.9
compiz-0.7.2-27.1
compizconfig-settings-manager-0.7.2-1.11
compiz-manager-0.0.1_git080201-8.1
compiz-fusion-plugins-extra-0.7.2-3.7
compiz-emerald-themes-0.6.0-1.1
compiz-fusion-plugins-main-0.7.2-1.10
compiz-kde-0.7.2-27.1
After doing an update from one of the opensuse repo's (can't remember which
one now), my opensuse system stops working. Meaning, the K-menu does not
respond and nothing else responds (much like what happened when i tried to
install the novell client on 10.3). I remember updating X11 and nvidia repos
this morning and after that, with compiz enabled, things do not work. I can
disable compiz and then the k-menu and all apps work. Otherwise, k-menu and
all apps do not respond. Is this a problem with the most recent compiz and if
so, how do i fix it?