Re: [opensuse] Accessing remote NTFS drives
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:12:05 +0100
Hi!

Am Freitag 14 März 2008 schrieb Cristea Bogdan:
How can I access for reading remote NTFS drives? I have a file server

The filesystem used not the server should not be of relevance for you client.

running Windows XP and I need to read the shared partitions from my
workstation running openSuSE 10.3.

You can use Samba, which will allow you to connect to Folders shared by the
Windows PC. If you only need it in KDE you should see your windows fileserver
when going to the special URL smb:/

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

"Was nicht mit einer gewissen Unsicherheit behaftet ist,
kann unmöglich die Wahrheit sein." - Richard P. Feynman