Re: [opensuse] [Fwd: Warning: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - User unknown!]
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:32:47 +0100
Carlos E. R. schreef:

The Thursday 2008-03-13 at 14:40 +0100, Oddball wrote:

> Anyone knows what this is?

Isn't it obvious? :-p

The email you send to the list is sent by the list server to everybody in your name. If the recipient has a problem - it's server thinks he does not exist, for instance - it is bounced.

If the bounce goes to the envelope from, which is opensuse.org (see the "Return-path:" header), he will be automatically unsusbcribed.

If the bounce program is dumb it will bounce back to you. This is what you saw. If you keep receiving them bounces, simply forward one of them to the list owner asking for unsubscription of the culprit.

-- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Never thought of that..
I thought someone used my machine as spambot, or to send virusses around.
Since i do not sign my messages anymore, because of the mess this new pgp in thunderbird makes of it, and so no password is needed to send mail now...
And as my firewall is off, because my lan is unaccesible if it is on... i thought somebody might have crept in unseen!
Might be difficult because of the routerfirewall, but one never knows.
Not that i am suspecious, or paranoid.... ;)
--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

Besturingssysteem: Linux 2.6.24.1-6-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha2
KDE: 4.0.2 (KDE 4.0.2) "release 8.1"