[opensuse] Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE4.x feedback
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:10:51 -0700

Hm.. I believe I used xinerama-like setup a little bit in the past - but
iirc I had a lot of problems with yakuake, superkaramba-themes, wallpapers
etc. acting very strange, and generally everything appearing in places I
didn't want them to.

Xinerama is probably the way to go for "normal" multiscreen" use, but for
tv-out used a few hrs. every week I think keeping the screens completely
separate is nicer.

But I guess I'll try it out, maybe memory fails me, and I had those
problems with a different setup.

Martin,

Good feedback. I have used KDE 4 quite a bit on a development box (so doesn't
include PIM and a bunch of other daily critical apps). When will I use it on
my production box? When I can have multiple panels. I typically configure my
panels how Gnome typically comes by default (thin on top and thin on bottom,
would love to be 18 Pixel on top and 18 Pixel on the bottom).

Other then that I think 4.0.63 (pre 4.1, is coming along pretty well)

Ben