[opensuse] Installed new hard disk to install Opensuse 10.3, how to add the old one (9.2)?
  • From: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:10:05 +0800
I had installed on a new hard disk (SATA) Opensuse 10.3 on an AMD64. It
works!

Now I need to get all the old settings from the old hard disk (IDE), and
till I am finished with the transition, I would like to be able to boot
either old or new system.
The first problem I had was that the BIOS used IDE as first boot and so
it only booted the new system. I could change that and the BIOS uses
SATA as the first boot drive.
When I tried to boot the old system with the SATA (SuSE 10.3) as first
boot drive, SuSE 9.2 did not boot, just stopped.

I believe it is just a GRUB settings. I never messed with GRUB. Can you
give me a hint how to do that? Or could it be another problem, or do you
have another suggestion?

bye

Ronald