Re: [opensuse] qmail?
  • From: Hudibras <hudibras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:51:23 +0100

El mié, 12-03-2008 a las 11:38 -0300, aledr escribió:
There's no more license problems...
I've done specific openSuSE's 10.3 qmail (and vpopmail, spamassassin,
simscan, ripmime ...) rpms modifying what I got from QmailToaster
(www.qmailtoaster.com).
All of those are on my local OBS system.

Me too, since 1999, as I said before and any problems AT ALL.
Someone said that MTA has become more "modern" since 1997 (the date
qmail last been released), but this is not the issue. qmail has been
developing by people at Inter7.com and Bill Shupp, David Sill and
others, updating it to the new or modern requirements of today MTA.

But beware with the "qmailtoaster" way to newcomers: there were some
special issues related to Red Hat, so that in SuSE boxes were
catastrophical! It maybe has been solved... I hope.

I'm thinking about write a spec file that allows norootforbuild for
the openSuSE's OBS itself.

Yes! It would be great!

Cheers,
AOP.