[opensuse] Default Connect Timeouts on Sockets...
  • From: "Rogers, Larry" <lrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:49:55 -0400
I have an app that uses a canned socket library.  The library just uses connect
when it attempts a connection to a socket.  If the host is not there, the
timeout is up to 2 minutes.  The app I am working on will only run on a local
isolated network, so it does not have any need for a long timeout.

I cannot recode the library, so would like to turn down this default to a much
smaller value.

I have looked through the documentation and searched help, but I can find
nothing there on the matter.  I did find something from 2001 on syncookies, but
am not sure that applies anymore.

Help appreciated.  Thanks.