[opensuse] 3D nVidia Driver - graphic pictures have dotted lines all over
  • From: "LLLActive@xxxxxxx" <LLLActive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:29:10 +0100
Hi all,

I wanted to install Google-Earth last week. It mouthed about not finding
the right nVidia 3D driver. So I installed nVidia's drivers for my card.
All worked OK, but then I noticed that all graphics had fine dotted
lines (1-pix X 1-px to 1-px X 10-px dots) in them, even in the Panel
Menu. If I close for eg. the document in OOo-Writer where the graphic
has the horizontal dotted lines all over, and open it again, it is clean
- till the window or something is moved. The desktop background pictures
are mostly dotted all-over, till I change it to another. Then it stays
clean for a while, till something which I cannot determine is causing
it, causes the dotted lines again. Backgrounds without a picture stays
clean. What could cause that?

My Machine's Data:

uname -a = Linux ~~ 2.6.22.17-0.1-default #1 SMP 2008/02/10 20:01:04 UTC
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
OS: Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-default x86_64
System: openSUSE 10.3 (x86_64)
KDE: 3.5.7 "release 72.6"

Graphic Card: nVidia Corporation
Model: GeForce 7600 GS
Driver: nvidia (3D Support)
nvidia-gfxG01-kmp-default - NVIDIA gfx driver kernel module Ver
169.12_2.6.22.17_0.1-0.1
x11-video-nvidiaG01 - nvidia GL drivers Ver 169.12-0.1

Monitor: Belinea B102035W

:-)
Al