Re: [opensuse] Missing drives
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:46:38 -0700

However, a music CD will not have a "filesystem" on it, but it
should be

Actually, it does.
How do you think the data on the music CD is organized?

According to the Red Book specification.

You could call that a file system, but I doubt most OS or file-system
design types would. There's very little indexing information. Each
sector (holding 1/75th of a second of audio) includes a "subcode" byte
that encodes the current track and time within it (the drive / player
does not keep track of that).

(I worked for Philips' CD-I authoring tools group once upon a time.)

Randall Schulz