Re: [opensuse] qmail?
  • From: jdd sur free <jdanield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:15:36 +0100
Sandy Drobic a écrit :

That is so far the best argument to choose Qmail: support from capable
sources.

alas not really, my friends are gone away (one was G. Aznar, tldp leader). The server I have to cope with qmail was installed several years ago and works well, so don't touch what works :-(), but now I have to install a new one with new soft. qmail seems realy not to fit...

Though the postfix-users mailinglist is problably the best
source of competent help you could possibly want. Most problems are
solved the same day, even patches of reported problems from Wietse
seldom take more than a few days.

well. The vocabulary is confusing (the various hostnames, for example) and field tests don't fit like it should. I wont detail here (OT) - if I finally choose to stay with postfix, I will open a new thread

google search don't give really answer

Uh, what was the question?

same than here: what about qmail and as qmail have drawbacks, what is better.

postfix and exim are face to face (see the alre already given compare link)

most of the doc (not only postfix) is very hard vocabulary speaking, with nearly no definition at all and nearly no working examples...

but it's enough here, thanks all for your help. I will probably have to wait a little to have some more time, as the work is a little harder than what I hoped.

jdd

--
Jean-Daniel Dodin
Président du CULTe