Re: [opensuse] reiserfs - No space left on device
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:37:09 +0000
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Not that I know. However... if the disk with the problem is the one used
for the system... you won't be able to update.

No, the problem filesystem is an LVM volume on a separate controller as
well as separate disk from the system disk. It's not even mounted, since
I'm running the reiserfsck.

I think there have been several kernel updates since the one you have.

Since I can't find a list using YaST, is there a list of changes online
somewhere?

Yep, you can install two kernels. It is yast who doesn't, but manually,
yes, you can.

3) Review the /boot/grub/menu.lst to check that it is correct before
rebooting.

So I need to back that up manually first. Is there anything else like
that?

Not that I remember. The rpm command runs a install script that should
add an entry for the new kernel, similar to the one you already have,
maintaining the old one. That's what you should review, that indeed it
did that, and that the files it refers to are really there, in /boot.

Thanks for that. I feel pretty confident about what to do when I do come
to update the kernel now.

Cheers, Dave