Re: [opensuse] 10.3 uses different java locations
  • From: Frans de Boer <frans@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 23:38:43 +0100
Does OpenSuSE has binaries for JRE/JDK 1.6_05 which installs AND updates
10.3?

Frans.

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 23:24 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:12:56PM +0100, Frans de Boer wrote:
Hi,

In trying to upgrade from jre 1.4.2 to 1.6, I found that the structure
is totally different then what SuSE has used before. It's now a
bewildering jungle of files and links and it is not clear how to upgrade
without spending hours of figuring out where to copy to and what to
update to make sure that Firefox as well as OpenOffice find the updated
JRE.

Has anybody did this before and can you give me some pointers?
The case is that I try to compile openproj, which requires JDK 1.6. But
first I need to understand what the current structure for java is.

Why not just use our binary RPMs?

We upgrade to latest update levels in security updates anyway.

Ciao, Marcus