Re: [opensuse] Keyboard problem during install... 10.3
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:26:05 -0500
On Tuesday 11 March 2008 01:00:37 pm Henrik Schmiediche wrote:
Hello,
I have installed 10.3 on many systems, but I have not encountered this. I
am trying to install 10.3 on a Dell 5150 (latest BIOS). The system starts
up and the keyboard is working in the sense I can enter the bios and move
around. XP is currently installed on that machine and keyboard & mouse work
inside XP.

I boot into the 10.3 install screen and the keyboard fails to work. Nothing
I type has any effect. The system then proceeds to boot off the hard disk
since I cannot select the appropriate install option. I tried a different
USB keyboard, same problem. There are no ps2 ports on this machine.

Any ideas? Any work around?

Sincerely,

- Henrik

I had a similar problem with a Dell C521, try putting a 'powered' usb hub on
the system and plug the kb and mouse into it and see if it fixes the problem.

Mike