Re: [opensuse] FTP net install howto
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:42:43 -0400
Bjørn Lie wrote:
man, 10.03.2008 kl. 20.29 -0400, skrev Mark Misulich:
Hi,
I wrote a howto for Suse FTP net installation with screenshots to make it more understandable. How do I submit it to Opensuse community so that others may use it?

Regards,
Mark

Your guide is not that good I'm afraid.
The biggest error in it is that you write that the mirror you used has
an IP adr 192.168.0.1 :)
If this adress worked for you the install program (or your router) must
contain some great magic

And normally putting in the IP is not needed. 99% of the time selecting
http. Putting download.opensuse.org as server (think this is done auto
now) and as folder distribution/10.3/repo/oss (afir this is also done
auto).

But putting up screenshots is a good idea. No doubt.

Bjørn

Hi Bjorn,
thanks for your input. I have to say that I really don't know how to respond to your comments other than to say that it worked. If you can tell me why it shouldn't work perhaps I can edit the howto, but these are the steps that I took. Please explain your comments further.

Thanks,
Mark