Re: [opensuse] Missing drives
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:30:55 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2008-03-10 at 20:49 -0400, Doug McGarrett wrote:

Well, the floppy drive shows up in the system, media, or whatever it's called,
and I also have a CD reader, from which I installed the OS, and a CD or
DVD writer--it's been so long that I forget which--and neither of these show
up on the system, and I can't read or write from/to any of them, including
the floppy. Where do I go from here?

Well, 9.3 is outdated and out of support.

I suppose you first have to format the floppy, then mount it. You could use "Kfloppy" in kde to format it, but I don't know if 9.3 has it.

As for CDs, you have to insert one, then open it.

If automount fails, I can't help because I never used it, and 9.3 was different from the current method.

I always use manual mount.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.