Re: [opensuse] openSuse help
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:22:27 +1100
John Bennett wrote:
Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, and I may be a bit slow.... but I
find it very difficult to actually find help and software for
opensuse.

You would imagine that the Wiki would be the place to go for help, but
I can't find anywhere on the Wiki an obvious link to where to start
looking. eg can search for "howto" and get a long list of results, but
nothing pointing to a page where there is a list of HowTos.
Even the search interface itself is very confusing... (Where DO I want
to look??)
Particularly for new users, Getting help would not be simple......

Also with getting software, if you are after general software you go
to "Build Software". Again, I don't think that is very self
explanatory, I would go to "Get software", 'cause "build software"
sounds like something for geeks.....

Not trying to be too critical, just my thoughts....

John.

Sorry, but am I missing some point here?

On your Desktop there is an icon titled, "openSUSE".

Have you tried clicking on it?

Ciao.

--
A Short Fairy Tale.

One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who,
surprisingly, did not whine, nag, or bitch...

But this was a long time ago...

And, it was only for just one day.

The End