Re: [opensuse] SuSefirewall - protect sshd
  • From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:23:39 +0100
Montag, 10. März 2008 Otto Rodusek (AP-SGP):
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

look at the packages: fail2ban
denyhosts

Regardless whether I use the above packages, I would still like to
limit the number of sshd logins to 3 per minute.

Hi Otto, I hope you don't mind my nitpicking: Doing this you are of
course effectively denial-of-service'd by your own firewall as none
of your regular users will be able to catch a slot.

Whitelisting them might be the only way to maintain the service while
under attack.

Wolfgang