Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse [10-3] SuSefirewall - protect sshd
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:15:36 -0400
On Monday 10 March 2008 09:10:22 am Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Otto Rodusek (AP-SGP) <otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-10-08 04:16]:
I'm a bit confused with Susefirewall. I have had a number of robot
attacks against sshd so I set the following rule in SuSefirewall to
limit the number of allowable sshd logins per 60 second period:

look at the packages: fail2ban
denyhosts

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/SUSE_Linux_10.
1 and
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/utilities/SUSE_Linux_10.

I use fail2ban and am happy with it, but have you also considered making your
rule through iptables? Not sure if SuSEfirewall acts as a front end for
iptables, but it can't help to give it a try.
< Previous Next >