Re: [opensuse] ddclient on opensuse 10.3
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:06:01 +0100
Jim Flanagan schreef:
Mar 9 08:10:09 jimmee ddclient[7503]: WARNING: caught SIGTERM; exiting

Now this may or may not be relevant, but I certainly do not understand,
the new PID is different than the one listed in this log. The one listed
in the log is the last pid for ddclient when I stopped it, not the new
one running now. This log entry was created when I freshly started
ddclient, why is it referencing the old pid?

FWIW, I occasionally get the same. I set up ddclient to send an e-mail. So when I reboot, or have to restart it (sometimes needed for me) I get an e-mail stating it caught a sigterm. I think it's just saying it's stopping.
Just to test : in KSysGuard stop ddclient and watch for it to disappear from the list. Look in the logfile. It should say ...SIGTERM...
Wait a while, say 5 minutes, to make sure a new logentry has a clear different time-stamp and then restart ddclient. It should not give a ...SIGTERM... message.
Also, in my setup (not 10.3), the line of ddclient in KSysGuard says how long it's waiting to recheck the IP-address. If this changes, counts down per 10 seconds I think, all should be fine.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong