Re: [opensuse] Google Earth problem
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:11:04 +1100
Rajko M. wrote:
On Sunday 09 March 2008 07:10:42 pm Basil Chupin wrote:
I have gone back to 169.07 (from .12) and now glxgears work and Xorg no
longer uses up some 97% of CPU. Also, I am now able to Ctrl-Alt-F3 and
not get logged out to the Switch User login menu.

Good.
(BTW, zypper is a damn big CPU hog - can take up to 98% of the CPU!
Sheesh!)

For how long? You don't want package menagement to hang around for hours using 2% of CPU time.

Best way is to see for yourself- start up the Monitor and then start zypper.

smart takes a few seconds or so to check for upgrades; zypper goes on and on and on..... but not at 97% for all this time (the % varies up and down).

Ciao.

--
It's not possible to operate honestly using a basis of dishonesty.