Re: [opensuse] NV driver and 1680x1050
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:59:44 +1100
Ciro Iriarte wrote:
Hi, i'm trying to get 1680x1050 resolution on Opensuse 10.3 with a LG
L203WT LCD monitor. The problem is i get a maximum of 1280x1024, AND
stretched....

When i use the binary driver I can workaround this using the option
"ModeValidation" set to "NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck", but doesn't seem
to exist a similar setting for the nv driver...

Also, the cli access (vt1, vt2, etc..) looks wrong... I'm not sure if
it's because of the xen kernel or because of the video driver...

Ciro

Go to YaST/Hardware/Monitor and select the item "-->LCD" then select the screen size.

To get the nVidia driver to work I suggest that you compile it for the kernel you have installed.

(Also, suggest that you connect the monitor using the digital cable and not the analog cable.)

Ciao.

--
It's not possible to operate honestly using a basis of dishonesty.