RE: [opensuse] Apache and SSL
I have done that already, but still I am not able to use apache with SSL.

"curl https://localhost"; returns:
curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol

I need to authenticate users willing to interact with a subversion
repository through the apache server. In my case
APACHE_SERVER_FLAGS="SSL SVN_VIEWCVS" since I use ViewVC to browse
the repositories.

</quote>

Have you configured SSL vhost too ? What does error_log say ?
(/var/log/apache2/error_log) There should be a SSL template in
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d which you can modify.

--
Nick zeljkovic