[opensuse] Trouble reformatting a HDD
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:52:19 -0500
I have bought a external HDD enclosure, and I have a 60 GB HDD in it. The
problem is the hard drive currently in there is a old one that I used with
winblows and SuSE 10.1. Now I am wanting to use this as a back up drive so I
want to get rid of the current partitions and make a new one, I am thinking
XFS would be good for this? Anyways I am trying to use the YaST2
partitioner, due to the fact I have no clue how to use fdisk, and when it
tries to remove the current partitions (NTFS and reseirFS) YaST2 gives me the
following error:
"Error
Failure occurred during following action:
Deleting partition /dev/sdb7

System error code was: -1014"

Any clue as to what is going wrong?
< Previous Next >