[opensuse] Importing a CSV file into Kaddressbook
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:26:05 +0200
Has anyone imported a CSV file into Kaddressbook? Did they get any
assistance from the program's =;-))) "Documentation" in doing so?

Probably not.

In the absence of such help, I have resorted to File > Import > Import CSV
file, and chosen the resource (prevously set up) into which I want to
import, then chosen the file to import. All that seems quite logical, but
from here, everything falls apart: clicking on "OK" (even after
experimenting with "Save Template", causes an uninformative box with the
sentence "You have to assign at least one column".

I have tried clicking on various points in the little window into the
file. Nothing helps. I will not ask what goes through the mind of a
developer that supplies no meaningful assistance whatever, but (if
anybody knows) would like to know what this error message really wants to
tell me.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on