Re: [opensuse] which repository is safe ?
  • From: Maura Edelweiss Monville <mauede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:55:48 -0800 (PST)
Thank you.
I am always confused about the rpm options.

Which repositories should I pck for automatic on-line
update that I have inhibited since the second time I
lost control of the monitor because of an automatic
patch ?

Regards,
Maura

--- Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maura Edelweiss Monville pecked at the keyboard and
wrote:
I'd like to install the R GUI for Linux (JGR)
Instructions can be found on
http://rosuda.org/JGR/down.shtml
The installation on SuSE is not so
straightforward.
The provided guidelines are to me confusing as
some of
the listed commands do not belong to the bash
commands
set.
I know JGR installation needs libg2c.so which is
not
in the standard SuSE10.3 distribution.
I know I can download it from some repository.
For instance I found
libg2c33-32bit-3.3.3-41.13.x86_64.rpm on:

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/devel:/tools:/gcc/openSUSE_10.3/

If that is the right library then the installation
command (with root privilege) is:
# rpm -Uvh <lib_name> ?????

rpm -ivh <rpm package name>

-i = install
-U = upgrade

You install packages with rpm not individual files
even if the rpm
package only contains one file it is still a
package.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998