[opensuse] which repository is safe ?
  • From: Maura Edelweiss Monville <mauede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:50:59 -0800 (PST)
I'd like to install the R GUI for Linux (JGR)
Instructions can be found on
http://rosuda.org/JGR/down.shtml
The installation on SuSE is not so straightforward.
The provided guidelines are to me confusing as some of
the listed commands do not belong to the bash commands
set.
I know JGR installation needs libg2c.so which is not
in the standard SuSE10.3 distribution.
I know I can download it from some repository.
For instance I found
libg2c33-32bit-3.3.3-41.13.x86_64.rpm on:
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/devel:/tools:/gcc/openSUSE_10.3/

If that is the right library then the installation
command (with root privilege) is:
# rpm -Uvh <lib_name> ?????

There may be a more direct way to get and install it
if I open the door to automatic update from where ???
Having lost control of my computer twice already,
because of wild on-line updates, I would greatly
appreciate your advice about which repositories are
SAFE
I have received some advice but they refer presumably
to another SuSE version as I cannot retrieve the same
Yast entries. To avoid further confusion I'm attaching
some screenshots about mt Yast configuration (default)
so that I can go from there.

Thank you so much for your help.

Maura Edelweiss M.