Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:12:13 -0800
On Tuesday 04 March 2008 01:05, jdd wrote:
Per Jessen a écrit :
I should and I've tried it, but the machine just dies right away.
Just tried it now, and it took a full 22 seconds before it died.

may be one of the cores is dead? is there a way to enforce the use of
one only core (selected)?

% man taskset
NAME
taskset - retrieve or set a processes's CPU affinity

SYNOPSIS
taskset [options] [mask | list ] [pid | command [arg]...]

DESCRIPTION
taskset is used to set or retrieve the CPU affinity of a
running process given its PID or to launch a new COMMAND
with a given CPU affinity. ...

jdd

Randall Schulz