Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:10:41 +0100
Mark Van De Vyver wrote:

I read your summary. All I can suggest is to look for 'lost ticks' in
/var/log/messages and the boot log. There is a kernel boot parameter
you must nominate to report these, there is also a mcelog parameter
that might give some info. Can't recall the exact parameters off the
top of my head, but if you haven't already tried these it might be
worth a shot?

I did some googling for 'lost ticks', but it looks like they're reported
by default? The mcelog was only being emptied hourly, so I change that
to once every minute instead.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich