Re: [opensuse] Missing xenpae.gz
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:06:59 +0100
Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,
after having installed packages kernel-xenpae and xen I found a "Suse
xenpae" entry in grub's menu.lst reading

kernel /boot/xen-pae.gz

but this xenpae.gz wasn't present in /boot. Is this due to a bug in
the installer or did I mess up something?
Should xenpae.gz be a link to xen.gz ?

I don't know. Isn't this documented in the manuals? If not, please
file a bugreport in our bugzilla.

P.S. I've been wandering between various distributions for the last 4
years to finally discover how much better OpenSuse is compared to all
of them :)
(The only problem I have is that zypper takes ages to read its caches
every time I use it, but it's a minor annoyance)

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany