Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:57:04 -0800
On Monday 03 March 2008 17:48, Basil Chupin wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
You will undoubtedly remember the discussion about the stability
problems on my new workstation from a couple of weeks ago. I'll
quickly sum up -

[pruned]

And the machine still crashes under load - even just a little bit.
I run two copies of mprime, plus firefox and such, and after 15-20
minutes, I get the automatic reboot.

[pruned]

Out of (personal) curiosity, why do you run 2 copies of mprime for
these tests? Wouldn't the one copy do?

Presumably, one wants to run one instance per core or per processor (or
per core per multi-core processor) to fully saturate the processing
capacity of your system.

Ciao.

Randall Schulz