Re: [opensuse] Sound issues with openSUSE 10.2 and a Trust 514DX
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:38:25 +0100
Clayton schreef:
Another frustrating issue with the computer I installed 10.2 on this
past weekend... sound. The onboard sound card was poorly supported,
so we installed a Trust 514DX (See:
http://www.trust.com/products/product_detail.aspx?item=12950 )

We did some digging before purchasing this card, and it appeared to be
reasonably well supported. It uses the cmedia CMI8738 chipset. It
was picked up by YaST as soon as we installed the card and powered
back on. A quick configure in YaST seemed to work right up until I
tested the sound. It plays the sample sound, but it takes 10 minutes
to actually play it as it pluses and stutters its way through the
audio. Any attepmt to play audio vial alsa results in this
stuttering, pulsing sound that draws out the sound sample over many
minutes instead of only seconds. Strangely though... playing a video
with MPlayer (with default settings) works, although if I would pause
the video, the sound would then repeat that last half second or so
audio bit over and over until the move was restarted or we logged out
of KDE/stopped the sound system.

This behavior of the sound happened usign teh default 10.2 install and
with updates to the latest also from the 10.2 repositories.

Has anyone experienced this with a sound card before? or got a Trust
514DX working in openSUSE? Any suggestions for how I can go about
sorting this out?

C.

you could try alsa-driver-kmp

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

Besturingssysteem: Linux 2.6.24.1-6-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha2
KDE: 4.0.1 (KDE 4.0.1) "release 17"