Re: [opensuse] WHOIS "Banning someone out of personal spite is uncalled for fascism"
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:20:32 +0100
Clayton schreef:
There must be many people banned, or afraid to get banned, or maybe they
do not agree, or their linux boxes are so well-tuned, nothing goes wrong
anymore ;)
Anyway, i didn't have to clean the mailserver for some days now....

Very quiet the list..... silence before the storm?

It is very very very rare for someone to be banned or for a moderator
to step up and take any action on this mailing list. I've been here
on this mailing list for 10 years, and I think there was one other
time (other than this incident) where someone was reprimanded... at
least that I can remember.

If you missed what went on, look back through the archives over the
past... oh... several months at least. you will see a pattern emerge
where one particular list member was repeatedly abusive and
obstructive.

C.

Yes you probably mean AK?
But he was not the only one writing to this list?
There were many others, no?

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

Besturingssysteem: Linux 2.6.24.1-6-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha2
KDE: 4.0.1 (KDE 4.0.1) "release 17"