Re: [opensuse] WHOIS "Banning someone out of personal spite is uncalled for fascism"
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:09:19 +0100
There must be many people banned, or afraid to get banned, or maybe they
do not agree, or their linux boxes are so well-tuned, nothing goes wrong
anymore ;)
Anyway, i didn't have to clean the mailserver for some days now....

Very quiet the list..... silence before the storm?

It is very very very rare for someone to be banned or for a moderator
to step up and take any action on this mailing list. I've been here
on this mailing list for 10 years, and I think there was one other
time (other than this incident) where someone was reprimanded... at
least that I can remember.

If you missed what went on, look back through the archives over the
past... oh... several months at least. you will see a pattern emerge
where one particular list member was repeatedly abusive and
obstructive.

C.