Re: [opensuse] Re: cannot install 32 bit opensuse on 64 bit hardware?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:59:44 +1100
Clayton wrote:
Nothing I do seems to work to get the computer to install in 32 bit.
I don't know how to even debug this prob since the computer will not
get anywhere when attempting to boot 32 bit. Does anyone have any
ideas why 32 bit refuses to even start but I can install 64??

OK, I managed to discover that I was getting a kernel panic because of
apic. Used noapic on the boot and it worked. I totally forgot that I
could use a text mode install...

The real question now remains is: why doensn't the installation process of openSUSE not automatically recognise and adjust for this disparity?

Interestingly I did discover something else that I cannot remember
ever being mentioned anywhere.... press F8 while you are in the boot
menu where you can choose Install, Boot From Hard Drive etc. Nice
little animation :-)

C.

Ciao.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.