Re: [opensuse] Editing Text Retrieved via HTTP GET & Saved via HTTP POST?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:26:26 -0800
On Saturday 01 March 2008 12:10, Benji Weber wrote:
On 01/03/2008, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, my question is: Does anyone know of an editor that can do
this? Apart from the URL the only parameter required to POST the
new data back to the server is the name of the HTTP parameter name
with which to associate the uploaded data. That value is under my
control, if it would be helpful to pick some specific value instead
of the one I chose.

I believe any KDE app will do this, so kwrite/kate.

Really? Let me see...

I tried Kate. Reading works, not too surprisingly, but it's not able to
POST the edited contents back to the URL from which it originally
retrieved them.

You can also wrap vim with kioexec, so "kioexec vim
http://example.com/somefile"; Then kioexec will upload changes after
you close vim, it doesn't work without X though.

X is good. I always have KDE running.

--
Benjamin Weber

Randall Schulz