Re: [opensuse] Editing Text Retrieved via HTTP GET & Saved via HTTP POST?
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:10:58 +0000
On 01/03/2008, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, my question is: Does anyone know of an editor that can do this?
Apart from the URL the only parameter required to POST the new data
back to the server is the name of the HTTP parameter name with which to
associate the uploaded data. That value is under my control, if it
would be helpful to pick some specific value instead of the one I
chose.

I believe any KDE app will do this, so kwrite/kate.

You can also wrap vim with kioexec, so "kioexec vim
http://example.com/somefile"; Then kioexec will upload changes after
you close vim, it doesn't work without X though.

--
Benjamin Weber