Re: [opensuse] BlueRay Supported?
  • From: Bjørn Lie <bjorn.lie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:14:40 +0100

lør, 01.03.2008 kl. 09.43 +0000, skrev G T Smith:

Fred A. Miller wrote:
Jerry Houston wrote:
BlueRay DVD burners are finally getting almost affordable, and I expect
the media to be reasonably priced before long as well. So I'm
considering buying a BlueRay burner for my home server, but I have no
idea if existing applications will deal with it. I think it would be a
great way to do backups.

<snip>

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2006-10/msg00031.html

and

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/Blu-ray/

trying to find info on the subject is somewhat obfuscated by the
interventions of the original author of cdrtools. This suggests that
wodim can support Blue Ray but I do not have access to such a device so
cannot comment on how well it works...

There is the unfree NeroLinux http://www.nero.com/eng/linux3.html
Blu-Ray and HD-DVD , but maybe not what you are looking for.

Bjørn