[opensuse] Retaining the correct timestamp
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:45:19 +1100
I copy files between computers using an USB flashdisc.

One undesirable effect is that the timestamp of the original file is 'destroyed' and overwritten by the timestamp when the copying occurs. I want to be able to retain the original timestamp.

There is the 'noatime' parameter which can be added to the HD entries in fstab but will this solve my problem (if I add this 'noatime' parameter on all the computers)?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

--
Never believe anything until it's been officially denied.