Re: [opensuse] Loading modules on startup (not quite solved)
  • From: Russell Jones <russell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 09:30:12 +0000
Paul Abrahams wrote:
On Thursday 08 March 2007 11:11 pm, I wrote:
All this works fine on the machine where I recompiled the kernel. But when I moved the kernel to /boot on another machine and smbfs to the same place on the /lib/modules tree as it was on the compilation machine, it couldn't be found (and modprobe didn't find it either). I guess there's something I need to do to register the module -- but what? I'd like to avoid having to recompile the kernel on this other machine.
Are you sure you're booting the right kernel image? What does uname -a say? Have you run depmod and mkinitrd ?