[opensuse] KDM default session selection (previous session)
  • From: Sylvester Lykkehus <zly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:45:57 +0100
Hi,

I use KDE as my main desktop environment.
When updates comes in for various other DE's, I like to check them out, by starting a new session from the K-Menu, and in the "sessions" menu at KDM prompt, select the DE in question.

So, for quite some time a have been living with this little issue:
When I select a different "session", let's say gnome, and enjoy myself a little in there, then end that session, going back to my already running KDE session.
I then shut down the PC, and the next time it's booted, it will start gnome (if autologin enabled), or gnome will be the selected session in KDM.

Can I change this behavior of KDM, so that it never selects the previous session / last used DE, but instead is fixed on e.g. KDE, even though the last DE I logged into was something else.

Best regards
Sylvester