Re: [opensuse] broken HD, data recovery possible?
  • From: Russell Jones <russell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:10:27 +0000
Russell Jones wrote:
Or there may be a jumper to reset the BIOS on the motherboard. Usually you put it on, turn on, turn off, take it off and turn back on again. (aren't those the words of a song?)

Hold on... this is a laptop? Sorry, I missed that. I don't know how to reset the BIOS of one of those. I'd go to the manufacturer's website and look for a PDF of the technical manual.
And as a previous poster implied, suggest you check the drive cables (power and data) are properly pushed home then try auto-detection of the HDD again.