Re: [opensuse] The BBC is asking if they should support Linux
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:18:48 -0500
On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 10:09 -0600, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> Mike McMullin wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 22:12 -0600, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> >
> >> Mike McMullin wrote:
> >>
> >> Tom Baker was no Jon Pertwee either. Each "Dr" brings something
> >> different to the series. Some for the better, and some for the worse. I
> >> thought Tennant did a reasonable job with the character. At least he
> >> didn't treat it like it was serious TV. He had about the same attitude
> >> as Tom Baker. Nothing like Colin Baker *<[:op .
> >>

> > I'll see your Pertwee and raise you Peter Cushing, from the movie,
> > IIRC. :)
> > Tennant has this gushing "Wow Humanity" thing going on that Baker
> > didn't, and where is the trademark apparel (scarf? jellybabies?)?
> >

> I thought Cushing was "ok",
> but.......................................... Who was that guy that did
> the [ I think it was Fox ] movie about the turn of the century. Didn't
> care much for him either.

Which one, the "old" Doctor or the "new" doctor. Oddly enough I
thought he might have been tapped for the new serial, Eckleston was ok,
but is accent was tough to cut through at times.

> Those were only trademarks of Tom Baker.Did you notice that as his stint
> as the Dr. his scarves got longer? [ I think Jon Pertwee did use a white
> scarf though, may be wrong. ] Colin Baker had a sprig of parsley as his
> decoration. Never saw any of the fellow that came after him.

I had not noticed that about his scarf, but I do recall that one Dr.
Who Comic book had the instructions for knitting one just like it.

> I think all the Dr's had an all abiding love for humanity.

Certainly it's a reason for them to be around humans so much, but his
has gone over the top, IMO.