Re: [opensuse] The BBC is asking if they should support Linux
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:09:34 -0600
Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 22:12 -0600, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>
>> Mike McMullin wrote:
>>
>> Tom Baker was no Jon Pertwee either. Each "Dr" brings something
>> different to the series. Some for the better, and some for the worse. I
>> thought Tennant did a reasonable job with the character. At least he
>> didn't treat it like it was serious TV. He had about the same attitude
>> as Tom Baker. Nothing like Colin Baker *<[:op .
>>

> I'll see your Pertwee and raise you Peter Cushing, from the movie,
> IIRC. :)
> Tennant has this gushing "Wow Humanity" thing going on that Baker
> didn't, and where is the trademark apparel (scarf? jellybabies?)?

I thought Cushing was "ok",
but.......................................... Who was that guy that did
the [ I think it was Fox ] movie about the turn of the century. Didn't
care much for him either.

Those were only trademarks of Tom Baker.Did you notice that as his stint
as the Dr. his scarves got longer? [ I think Jon Pertwee did use a white
scarf though, may be wrong. ] Colin Baker had a sprig of parsley as his
decoration. Never saw any of the fellow that came after him.

I think all the Dr's had an all abiding love for humanity.

--

(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh