Re: [opensuse] Daylight Savings Change
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:51:14 -0900
On Sunday 18 February 2007, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Sunday 2007-02-18 at 16:04 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > > Those do not trouble me much, as I tell Pine to sort by thread by
> > > arrival date. It is a sort method I sorely miss when using Kmail or
> > > Thunderbird.
> >
> > KMail has both by-message-date and by-arrival-order mailbox sorting.
>
> And threaded? I mean, thread sort, and the threads sorted by arrival date?

Yes, And Threaded. If you check the Threaded view checkbox messages
will be properly threaded (by message ids) and then within threads sorted
to Date/Arrival/Subject/Sender/etc order.

So when you sort by arrival order with threaded on the first sort is
by threads, and the threads are sorted to arrival order by the uppermost
thread entry, then within threads they are sorted by the threading, and
by arrival order when more than one poster replies to the same thread
member.

Its the best I've seen.

The only problem is it tends to make me really irritated when users
reply with non-threading mailers which causes thread splintering
and fives you 5 or 8 threads for the same subject. A peek
at the headers of such posts usually reveals Outlook. sigh...

--
John Andersen