Re: [opensuse] Wireless Card
  • From: "John Pierce" <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:50:22 -0600

John Pierce has posted:
" The problem I found after quite some snooping is that
it is on the pci express bus and not the standard bus. The developers
are continuing to work on it but they haven't got there yet."

If the OPs machine also has the chipset on the express bus it could
be the same problem.

I read on the developers list for the bcm driver that if they had a
pci express card to work with they would be able to get it working a
lot faster.

Personally, I see little philosophical difference in hacking out firmware from
a windows driver to plug into an open source driver AS OPPOSED TO using
ndiswrapper.

The latter almost always works, and the former is usually a crap shoot.

Well, to an extent, I agree. But if the native linux driver could be
made a solid as the ralink driver for example that would be great. I
am writing this on an ancient IBM Thinkpad A21M with a ralink rt2500
based belkin pcmcia card attached and it works flawlessy.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at