Re: [opensuse] Where's libXm.so.3?
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:24:58 -0800 (PST)

--- Markus Koßmann <mkossmann_ml1@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 schrieb Simon Roberts:
> > > * Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx> [02-14-07 16:25]:
> not
> > >
> > > in

> > > pin reports libXm.so.3 exists in openmotif-devel and
> openmotif-libs
> > >
> > > I would use the x86_64 packages, not the i586 or -32bit packages.
> > > And
> > > they all exist on your installation dvd.
> >
> > Hmm, well, I still have trouble I'm afraid.
> >
> > I have openmotif-libs (according to yast, at any rate) but there's
> no
> > libXm.so.3 (did a find from root, as root).
> >
> > There is no openmotif-devel on my distribution CD (OpenSuSE 10.2)
> >
> > I used rpmseek to find a version of openmotif-devel, and when I try
> > install it, it says:
> >
> > Unresolved dependencies:
> > Installing openmotif-devel-2.2.4-21.x86_64[Local packages]
> > There are no installable providers of libXm.so.3()(64bit) for
> > openmotif-devel-2.2.4-21.x86_64[Local packages]
> OpenSuSE 10.2 comes with openmotif-libs-2.3.0beta2 which provides
> libXm.so.4 .
> So i would try to make a link for libXm.so.3 pointing to libXm.so.4
> and
> then install the citrix client with --nodeps.
> However it might be that openmotif-2.3 is not 100% backward
> compatible to
> openmotif-2.2 and that might cause failures of the citrix client.
> In that case can try to get the. src.rpm of openmotif-2.3 ( for
> example from
> an older SUSE -version) and build it with rpm --rebuild on your
> system.

Aha, I'm making progress. This didn't work, but at least I know why.

The Citrix binaries are only available in 32 bit form, so the 64bit
libraries that I have (even after linking to pretend I have version 3)
aren't usable. I now get:

/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr.bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libXm.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

So, I guess I have to install the 32 bit versions of these, possibly
fudging the version number. I'll go try that.

Thanks,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz