Re: [opensuse] Disappearing KDE panel after installing patches
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:54:59 -0500
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:11:33 -0500
Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday 15 February 2007 12:45, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> > Once I logged back in
> > through the session manager, the panel returned, and I configured it
> > the way I wanted, set up my 4 desktops with separate backgrounds, and
> > loaded my applications that I normally keep running in my desktops.
> > While I'm not 100% sure of what is killing the panel, I was just
> > wondering if anyone else had seen this.
>
> Yes, it has been a long occuring problem.... both on 10.1 and now on 10.2
>
> The way I fix it is to go to settings --> desktop --> hiding
>
> and turn hiding off and then on using apply in between. If you don't
> normally use hiding, you might have to turn it on and then off.... or some
> other combination but that's better than deleting your .kde
I do use hiding. I know it has been reported before, and I've had it
occur after installing a patch but while still in an active session.
The problem is what when I log in, the panel hides before I have a
chance to do anything. (Actually, I could also make some changes to the
config file and turn off hiding and see if it comes back up.
Lots of things I could do given some time, but I don't have time until
Saturday.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group