Re: [opensuse] Kaffeine/DVD
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:42:01 -0600
Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
"The source can't be read.
Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or source doesn't contain
data (e.g: no disc in drive). (Error reading from DVD.)"

When I try to watch some DVD's in Kaffeine I get the above error
message. [ Region 1] [ 10.2 ] It seems that the ones that do this open
to a folder called video_ts in Konq. Inside the folder are what I assume
are the movie files [ ifo, bup, and vob files ] Konq just lists them as
type:unknown.

<snip>

I've been having this problem with kaffeine for as long as I've used it, going back to probably 9.0. I've downloaded all the sources and recompiled and nothing seems to fix it. I usually get the error somewhere in the middle of a movie and it's pretty consistent where it happens. I'm on 10.1 now and still have the same problem. I just reinsert the DVD and skip past the 'bad' spot. I'm beginning to suspect a data quality DVD player is less forgiving to dirt and surface abnormalities than a TV grade one.

Jim